Thursday, November 6, 2008

Surprises!

I love surprises...especially when you can pull off a great one!

We surprised my father-in-law for his 60th birthday by inviting all his friends over to Matt and Carrie's house.  

The Rouse:

We invited my parents (Nana and Papa) to go out bowling for Lydia's birthday and of course Grandpa and Grandma needed to come with us.  (aka: we needed Peter and Caroline out of the house so they could set up for the party)  We came back to my house and "had" to look at pictures and my parents did a great job of keeping Peter talking!  We then walked over to Matt and Carrie's for everyone to say, "Happy Birthday!"  From what I could tell, he was really surprised.  

It was also great to put a face to a name with all of their friends.  Of course, many were at our wedding, but I wasn't too concerned about them on our big day.  

But now I am tired and off to bed - because my children haven't been sleeping in.  I am sure you can tell if you have read previous blog posts.


No comments: