Friday, March 12, 2010

Date Night

Last night Carl and I were able to go out on a double date with some friends.

Oh did I need that!

It is amazing how you can not realize how much you need something until after you do it. (a run, a phone call with a friend, night out with your hubby etc.)

I was starting to feel like a caged lion with it raining the past week and having no place to send the kids more than 15 ft away from me. I paid a babysitter for 3.5 hours of peace and great conversation with my husband and friends.

One of my dreams would be that we would someday have a home where I could have an extra bedroom where a college girl would be able to live rent free for exchange of so many hours per week of help around the house with kids. Then I could run all those errands that never happen, clean my bathrooms more often than I do now or I could be fun and do those science experiments that Grace really wants me to do with her.

I have to keep my perspective...I live better than 99% of the world. I have running clean water, electricity, a dishwasher, and the internet. I am not complaining...just dreaming - maybe someday. Until then, I will just do my best with God's current blessings.

No comments: