Friday, August 1, 2008

Thoughts for the day

I have been reading the the book of Matthew  and Luke lately and have been pondering life for Mary and Elizabeth for that matter.  What did they really feel like?  Elizabeth never saw or met the angel but I am sure she knew his presence by the way Zechariah acted.  Mary on the other hand was pregnant and not married.  What did people say or think?  Were there hushed tones whenever they walked into a room.  Mary stayed with Elizabeth for 3 months.  Did either of them experience morning sickness?  What did they feel when the initial shock wore off?  

Once they had John and Jesus...did they hang out?  Being cousins and all, one would expect to see family as often as they could.  I always think of Jesus being a man, but what was life like as a child.  Did he talk all the time at the supper table?  or was he the kid who always lagged behind because he was taking in all the beauty that He created.  He probably was the kid who everyone wanted to hang out with because he made everyone feel so special.  So here we have John and Jesus...did they go fishing together, tell each other boy "gross" stories, get muddy and dirty and giggle about it the whole way home?

What did it smell like where they lived? You know you really KNOW a place when you can almost taste the smell of a place.  I don't know if that makes sense at all but I know what I am trying to say.  When I think of being in China, I get a taste and a smell all at the same time.  

These are just my thoughts for today...


_______________________________________
Random note:  Grace and Lydia are doing each other's hair right now.  I will have to take pictures to show you my little hairstylists.  They make me laugh!

No comments: