Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Refreshed

I had the privilege of having a friend come to visit me for the day.  She is one of those friends that I wished she could move on my block and we could see each other everyday.  But life is not like that and we are fortunate if we see each other every year.  We don't get to talk that often, but when we do it is like we never left off.  Today we  talked for hours while watching our kids completely destroy the house and not even care. 

Everyone needs a friend like her.

Her little boy decided that when he went to the bathroom that his feet needed washing too.  Well, when a 3 year old washes his hands and then climbs up on the counter to wash his feet, his underwear soaked up all the water from the hand washing.  (He was in his underwear because they were in transition in dress up clothes.  Grace was the bride and he was the groom and of course Lydia was the bridesmaid.) 

 The kids played so hard today that  Lydia looked at me tonight and said, "Mommy, I am so tired.  I just need to go to bed."

Living in our fast paced culture, it is hard to make true friends.  You know the ones that you can call in the middle of night - and they would be mad at you if you didn't!  Or you can walk into their house and open up the refrigerator and take out a pop without asking.  They are there through the thick and thin and love you anyway.  We all need friends like that.

I am looking forward to meeting new people here, but it is hard to be in transition.  I often ask,  "God, why do you have us here right now?  What are you doing beyond my thinking?"  He is always working for us and I know God has something so much more than Telescope Media Group.  I am enjoying living the adventure with my best friend and children.  I pray that I leave a godly legacy for them to follow.

No comments: