Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sleep

Last night I went to bed at 8:15.  (I was so tired and had a headache all day)  I woke up at 6:45!  Can you believe it - 10 1/2 hours of uninterrupted sleep.  No one cried or called for Mommy all night!  I think college was the last time that I slept that many hours in a row!  Needless to say, I woke up refreshed and ready to go. That was the best B-day gift the girls could have given me!  

Yesterday when I heard Grace and Lydia talking before they got out of bed, this is what I heard...

Grace: "Lydia...(pause and wait)Lydia... (another long pause and wait)Lyida...are you awake?

Lydia:  "Yes."  Then there was little girl ramblings that I couldn't decipher through the walls. 

and then Grace said,  "Oh, Lydia, today is mom's birthday.  We better go and sing."

So sweet that one of the first things that they remembered was to come and sing to me.  I love my girls for their sincere hearts!

We made it to early church and had a Target run in before lunch.

Now we had a little different lunch...Lucky Charms.  I wouldn't recommend this everyday, but hey, daddy is gone and we are just doing things a little different this weekend.

Now I am off to scrub my floors!  We spilled three bowls of cereal at lunch.  Adie likes to watch milk drip off the table while ever so innocently saying, "uh oh."

No comments: