Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It feels like home

I finally did it! I put my pictures on the wall in our dining room.  I have been wanting to do this right when we moved in, but never had the creative energy to put them up.  Now it feels like home to me.  There is something about decorating in family photos that makes me feel like I am constantly surrounded in love.  I know that I am always surrounded by Christ's love but I think this is His visual reminder for me.  

We went to the cabin yesterday afternoon with kids.  We all had a great time and I even tried slalom water skiing.   (It is a big deal that I figure this out and very soon!  It is a rite of passage for the Larsen family.  My niece has just learned and she is 8)  Everyone was so encouraging in the boat.  My sister-in-law and her husband and all the kids ages 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 3, and 1  were all telling me how great I was doing.  Even after 5 awesome wipe outs!   They kept telling me that I was getting better!  I must admit that I am sore today - I don't think anybody's body is ever ready for face plants into the water.  Mommy's can't get hurt doing silly things like water skiing:)

No comments: