Sunday, October 19, 2008

sending papers

Tomorrow morning I will send our first round of adoption papers into our agency.  There are all these feelings that are indescribable that well up when I think about it. 

 I have been trying to read books, but lately all I hear is what not to do, and every bad situation that could possibly ever happen.  Carl and I were driving in the car two days ago and I said, "Aren't you glad we didn't read too many books before we had our kids?"  There is so much doom and gloom out there.  Now I am the first to admit that I am a realist.  I know this is going to be HARD and there will be struggles, but don't we have that with our "birthed from the womb" children too?  

Knowledge is power, I get that, but when does a person say enough is enough?  I did order two more books and I hope that they are a little more positive!


1 comment:

The Kellers said...

We are so excited to hear that you are officially on the journey to bring your beloved children home from Ethiopia. What agency did you decide to go with? What is your timeline? We are so blessed to have wonderful friends like you to walk this incredible journey with! Love & Blessings! The Kellers