Friday, October 24, 2008

Flashback Friday

These are on the first roll of pictures that we have on our computer. Carl and I went on a mission trip with my in-laws two months after we were married. 

 Gladys won my heart as soon as we got to Africa.

Mark was a little orphan that I wanted to take home.  It broke my heart to leave him there and know that there was no one there who cared.  He never smiled while I was there.  But he did want to be by me the whole time I was there.  This fueled my desire to adopt.


Women who had surgery the day before, it brought a whole new meaning to, "I was blind but now I see."  To be able to have cataract surgery in Africa, one must be blind in both eyes.  And more than likely you have been that way for a very long time.  So to wake up the day after surgery and be able to see was a miracle and they began to sing and dance.  The only word that I could understand was Alleluia, but they were singing praises to Jesus.


A few picture of the operating room.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMAZING photos and AMAZING flashback.