Saturday, November 7, 2009

Week off

This past week Carl took the week off from work. This was new for us since we moved here almost a year and a half ago. Being self- employed and starting a new business equals not much time off, and since we were planning on being in Ethiopia - we had not scheduled anything.

We have had a great week together: reading stories, watching movies, cleaning out the nasty van, etc. This past Thursday we went to an indoor waterpark with some friends. We had a blast and the girls loved every minute of it. It was so good that they slept all the way home -the best way to end an evening.

Now I am counting down the days until next Saturday, that is when we board a plane to go and get our boys! It feels so surreal. I am almost kind of numb to the fact that it is really going to happen. There is a mom that just got home today and I heard she has a ton of pictures and that Silas drew a picture for us. I think seeing fresh pictures will jolt me back to reality.

But for tonight, I am going to "retire early" as my grandparents would say. Today was big day of cleaning and I am all tuckered out.

But I will leave you with some Adie quotes:

Me: You are so cute that I could eat you up.
Adie: Don't eat me ...I not food.

Me to Grace: Let me see your new teeth coming in.... (pause) ...those are some big honking teeth.
Adie: Honking...cars go honk ...honk ...honk (imagine her honking her nose like they do on Sesame Street)

No comments: