Monday, November 30, 2009

Church

I realized it will be MANY months before I will be able to go to church by myself. (Carl usually runs video for church so it WAS rare that we actually went together...oh but that has changed.)

Between Carl and myself we ran the whole time we were there. I was exhausted by the end of the morning and all I kept thinking was, "How in the world am I ever going to leave my house with all of my children?"

My answer...can I admit this on a blog?

Each boy needs a harness.

This truly is for their own safety. They run and dart and think it is the funniest thing in the whole world. And they are boys...I know because I grew up with 6 of them. I have actually lived with boys a whole lot longer than I have with my girls. So none of this surprises me really. I was just kind of hoping one of them would like to stay by me and I only had to chase one. Two running in opposite directions doesn't work very well.

_____________

Now for the new rule at our house.

You must sit to pee. I am sorry for all you macho males out there. I have cleaned up more urine off the wall, side of the toilet, floor and many other places need not mention than I care to. This will be in effect indefinitely...or until I install a urinal.

5 comments:

Ruthie said...

Hear you on the harnesses! (actually I think one of my harnesses came from you, have you already bought new ones?) They are great, however, expect crazy looks! I only have 1 potty trained and I too have cleaned up more pee than I care to mention...I frequently ask myself why did I even bother potty training him?? I still have to clean up after them! Do you have any more pictures?

Steph T said...

Amen, Amen, Amen!

Amen to harnesses.
Amen to boys being boys.
And AMEN to sitting to pee.

Yep, that's the rule for our house. Even for little boys who come here for daycare--I don't care what they can do at home or how they just learned to pee. Urinals for standing, toilets for sitting. That's the rule at our house, and it's actually the rule that Mitch grew up with. :) We do hope to some day own a home with a urinal, however. Or at least Mitch does. In that case, the boys will have the responsibility of cleaning that bathroom. ;)

Daphne said...

Our house is a sit to pee house too.

Sarah Bradshaw said...

I have six brothers. We were a sit-to-pee house for years. Even so, I still busted out in laughter when I read that.

Kristin said...

All my boys sit to pee. We never made it a "rule"... they've just all preferred it. And I LOVE it! LOL

I absolutely LOVE your new family photo too! Can't wait to see a new one in a few weeks. ")