Thursday, February 19, 2009

Leviticus

In my bible reading plan for the year we are in Leviticus right now. I feel like Beth Moore needs to do a study on it so that I can fully understand it and remember the who, what, where, when and why of it.

Sometimes I get so lost reading their months and dates that I feel like I need a translator. I would love to know comparably what each month is to our calendar year. Sometimes I sit back and daydream if it is warm, rainy, does it snow in the mountains...did anyone have blue eyes back then...did they ever feel bogged down with all the rules? I know that I am missing the visual component to the old testament. What did their clothes look like? What does the red sea look like? Where did David hide in the caves? I could go on and on but I think you get my point. I know Hollywood has told us a lot, but is that true? It's not known for its historical accuracy.

It is so refreshing knowing that I live on this side of the cross. God created us for His own glory and we can either choose to acknowledge that or live a very searching frustrated life. We live in a world that is tainted, skewed and down right full of Satan and his dirty tricks. Life here and now is not easy, there's always temptation and struggles that lead to sin and destruction. But God wants to redeem this world and wants us to live with him for eternity. Wow, that is so hard for my simple little mind to grasp some days. Eternity!

Until then, I want to point my life in one direction - to grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: