Thursday, September 25, 2008

C+ verses A

I was talking with a friend today at the library on how my goal is to keep a C+ house versus an A house.  You all know the difference that I am talking about.  

C+ 
You vacuum maybe once a week
Sweep once a day - non-negotiable because I have 3 kids 5 and under
Bathrooms are cleaned with a wet wipe from Adie's container
and who washes their windows anyways?

An A house is something that I only dream about now.  I have to be totally honest...I LOVE a clean house...the pine-sol, windex, vinegar...oh I can almost smell it now.  When I was in college, my roommates did like it that I wanted things cleaned weekly...they actually probably hated it.  (I lived with six other girls...not recommended!  Quick Time Out:  7 women in one house equals a lot of hair in a shower....I can clean poopy diapers all day long, but hair in a shower totally grosses me out!)  

Anyway - I have learned to be content with a C+ home...it really feels like home when you can still find applesauce smatter over 2 weeks after you had the great spill.  You trip on the popper when going to the back door.  (the popper is that annoying toy that is supposed be a little kids vacuum)  I really do like not dusting so please do not move any of my picture frames.  And finally, it really feels like home when you have to scrape your kitchen floor while trying to scrub it.  Yes folks, I had to get out my pampered chef scrapper (amazing little kitchen gadget) to get all the crud off my floor.  I should have a pressure washer like my dad has for his barns.  
This is what feels like home to me.  

I should add that we love pop-ins at our house...you are guaranteed that you will probably need to keep your shoes on while walking in the dining room, (Adie has a great arm)but there usually is something baking in the oven and there are always great greeters at the door.  If we know you are coming, I have three girls waiting on the front step to welcome you in.  

Funny note:  Carl was reading over my shoulder and he just went to the garage to get the ladder to clean the applesauce off the ceiling.  What a great guy!  I am just smitten over him.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for the perspective Angel - I love your viewpoint and it was a great reminder for this mommy. What's cooking in your oven tomorrow? - maybe we'll have to take a trip. : )