Sunday, September 21, 2008

Worship

My little girls went to Sunday school today and Lydia was so completely excited that they bent the rules a little and she was able to move up a few months early to the Preschool/K class.  When they came out of class, they were telling me how they learned about worship - loving God and obeying what he commands.  You see when you love God, doing what he commands should be an overflow of that love.

I have been learning that God's timing for things are usually faster than I would think would be appropriate.  Let me give an example, when I shaved my head last summer with my neighbor who had cancer, I knew that I was going to shave my head someday, but I thought it was going to be in 5 years or something like that.  The Lord had put the desire to start our own business...I was thinking maybe in a couple of years...as you can see we are doing that now.  

Now for a small example, today I was asked if I would volunteer in the children's nursery.  I told them that I was thinking about a new ministry that started for kids with special needs.  I got the paper work to fill out and headed off to church...I was there for about 5 mintues when they found me and said that they needed my help because a little boy came today who needs one on one help.  Wow - fast volunteer time!  

I had the privilege of spending time and worshiping with a little boy who has autism.  You know God made this precious child...He knit him together in his mother's womb just like you and me.  I marveled over that fact while I held him closely through the worship singing..."better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere."  He is perfectly made in God's image.  I am so thankful that we have a creative God who knows no boundaries of love.  I was blessed today.  I know that I learned more about my creator in this lesson than sitting through the sermon today.  God is amazing and I am thankful He came to earth to glorify himself and save a wretch like me.

No comments: