Saturday, July 18, 2009

Double dates

On Thursday night we went out for dinner with a dear couple and had a hoot.

My mom was here to babysit so I was able to truly enjoy the evening without thinking of the babysitter ticker going...12 dollars, 24 dollars...50 dollars...

It was one of those evenings where the fellowship and food were simply amazing. We went out to a different restuarnt for dessert and then sat in the car and talked for 45 minutes before we dropped them off for the evening. (I kind of felt like we were in high school)

If you haven't gone a double date recently, I would highly suggest it!

Last night we had a couple over for dinner. Usually I have the meal all prepared and we just sit down and eat, but last night we were all cooking something at the same time. Fajitas, chips, guacamole, salsa ...all made fresh! Then we went and made a fire in the backyard to make s'mores (Carl's new favorite thing is to add peanut butter...I don't know if I am sold on it yet.)


1 comment:

crazylady said...

I am all over the peanut butter on the smores.... I never liked smores before....oh my....yum!!!