Sunday, August 9, 2009

Entertaining

The past two weekends, we have had the privilege of entertaining two fantastic families. I really enjoy having people over to our house and trying to bless them with a relaxing weekend. (Now, I admit that I tell them to dig in my cupboards to look for things that they might need, help themselves to anything in the bathroom that they might have forgotten, and to really feel at home by lying around and doing nothing.) So, my work is not really hard at all, mostly just open the door and welcome them in and then try all sorts of new recipes on them. (Unless your the Stacey children...I can make you Peanut butter and Jelly for every meal:)

Tonight Carl and I are going to try to have a movie date. This has been tricky the past 3 -4 months because Adie can't seem to fall asleep before 9 or 10 pm. We tried not letting her take an afternoon nap yesterday and all I can say was that it didn't work out so well. Major meltdown at 4:30...literally lost her mind. Then she fell comatose asleep on the couch for a half an hour and I tired to wake her for another half hour. Needless to say, she was still up until 9:30 last night. Lesson learned: Let Adie take and nap and just admit that she is a night owl and put her to bed later.

I am still praying for good news tomorrow because our director of the agency is back in Ethiopia. She was going to personally go down to the courts to see what she could do. Pray for a miracle.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Will be praying for that miracle! One of these days my kids will wisen up to your good cooking. : ) You DO make friends feel so at home and I'm so glad you don't live very far away! : )

Shonni said...

OH, I pray you hear good news soon!!!