Sunday, May 3, 2009

No medals ...

I usually pride myself at remembering my calendar, Carl's calendar, my children's calendar in my head. I know where, when and why I am going somewhere.

But pride goes before the fall...

This morning at 2am I was up with Adie. We went the to the refrigerator to get a drink when I saw THE INVITATION! I forgot the birthday party that we were supposed to go to. My head started to spin....this is a couple from church who are native Ethiopians and I really wanted the opportunity to hang out with them. (I know there will be more opportunities, but you really don't want to mess up the first time! Plus I wasn't thinking rationally in the middle of the night.)

So what do I do when I forget something?

Think about it all the more... Tonight's sleep will be much better!

I hope we can still get together with them soon! They have such a wealth of knowledge to share and I am so excited to learn.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That you can keep your calendars in your head SOME of the time is impressive to me. You can always have the family over for your Thursday night "small group" - I'm sure you'll get another chance. Glad you had fun in Fargo!