Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009 Goals

Every year Carl and I create our goals and I thought that this would be a great place to write them down.

1. To grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2Peter 3:18) Our pastor gave an amazing message this morning and I really want to strive towards knowing Jesus more this year.

2. Exercise 3 days a week - We were blessed with a 6 month membership to the YMCA so there is no reason I can't do this!

3. Read through the bible in one year - I have started this and it really only adds up to 10 minutes a day. I am trying to start out my day with reading God's word so that it will permeate the whole day.

4. Friday night date night with Carl

5. Read for 15 minutes before going to bed. I read a lot of children's literature, but I need work on reading other things. I can do 15 minutes!

6. Be intentional about meeting people!

7. Learn our children's native language. In Ethiopia there are many different languages spoken so we will have to wait until we get our referral. Until then I have a lot of books to read on adoption.

8. Have special time one on one with each child.

So now next month you can ask me how and I am doing and hold me accountable!

Do you have goals for this year? If so, I would like to hear about them!

No comments: