Thursday, March 26, 2009

I love Thrusday nights

We again had the Larsen Small group this Thursday night with another couple from our church, Clarence and Williemae. Ohhh they were so much fun and learning part of their story was a real treat for me. I love walking talking history books...you know that is anyone with grey hair:) You see they moved to this town (I think) 46 years ago and were the only African American couple in a town of 30,000. I can't imagine what life was like and to hear some tip of the iceberg stories really broke my heart. I don't really know what it is like to live with sterotypes because of the color of my skin. I am saddened to think that I have done things that might have hurt others without even thinking.

I love their spunk and zest for life and I am so thankful that they are apart of my church family. I am going to learn so much from them and they are such willing teachers!

Here is my challenge for you. Invite someone over for dinner! And make sure they are not your best friends. Venture out and make some new friendships. Dinner is just exactly what it is...dinner. You are not asking them to be your best friends, nor do you have to be in the same small group for the next 5 years. It is not threating and trust me people don't care if you can cook...order a pizza!

No comments: