Monday, June 9, 2008

Dawson McAllister

My heart is heavy today for a girl somewhere out in South Carolina.  My husband is a Hope Coach for the Dawson McAllister Live.   He goes in on Sunday nights to listen, encourage and speak truth to teenagers across the country who call in to the radio station.  When he comes home and tells me the stories that I can't even make up in my wildest nightmares, I lay awake praying for these broken children.  I wish I could take them all in and give them safe secure place to be wrapped in God's love.  Drugs, sex, abortions, homosexuality, abuse, abandonment and the list can go on and on.  In the same breath, there is so much encouragement that I receive from listening to the stories where kids surrender over their whole lives to the One who can take all of their burdens.  If you live near a call center, I would encourage you to train and become a Hope Coach.  The time yields eternal rewards.  When we move,  Carl will be taking calsl from home and I want to train so that I can take calls too.  www.dmlive.com 



Someday it is my heart's desire to adopt a couple of children from Africa.  I know that the Lord has put this desire into  my heart long before I ever had children of my own.  I don't know God's timing but there are babies out there that belong into our family.  Someday I am going to have a huge dining room table and it will be full of kids.  God is the only one who knows how each one will come into our family.  Until then...let the adventure begin!

Be praying for Kim who needs the power of Jesus to become drug free and free of abusive relationships.


No comments: